Terms and Conditions
View Sokolin's Terms and Conditions Here.
Sokolin LLC (“Sokolin”) respects your right to the privacy of personal information you provide on our platform, including through our website, on our mobile application or otherwise (“Platform”). To that end, this policy describes how Sokolin collects, uses, shares and secures the personal information you provide through your use of our Platform. This policy applies to any user of or visitor to our Platform, but this policy does not apply to information collected by a third party (including our affiliates and service providers) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform. We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time, so please check back periodically.
If you are a California resident, please review the “Additional Information for California Residents” section below for information about your rights under California privacy laws. If you are a Nevada resident, please review the “Additional Information for Nevada Residents” section below for information about your rights under Nevada privacy laws.
- Sources of Personal Information:
Personal information collected by Sokolin may (i) include your name, street and email addresses, billing information, click-through activity and any other information you may provide or that may be automatically collected, and (ii) vary depending upon the circumstances and services you use. Your personal information is typically collected as follows:
You Provide It to Us.
We may collect personal information directly from individuals, such as when an individual purchases products through our Platform, fills out forms on our Platform, signs up to receive our email offers, or provides a review about products or services. If you contact us by email, mail, phone or otherwise regarding our Platform and services, we collect and maintain a record of your contact details, communications and our response. Further, if you choose to engage in reviews, forums, blogs, or similar features offered by us as part of the products, we may maintain records about the content you post, such as comments, reviews or questions, as well as date and time and other metadata associated with your user content. User content may also be viewable by other visitors and users of our services, and we are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these reviews or forums.
Automated Information Collection.
When you visit the Platform, whether you are logged in or just browsing without logging in, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. The information sent automatically by your browser may include information such as the manufacturer and model of your mobile device; your domain name (e.g., whether you are logged on from aol.com or earthlink.net, etc.); your Internet Service Provider (ISP); your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (or other device identifier), browser type, and operating system; referring/exit pages; clickstream data; pages of the Platform that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on the Platform, access times and dates; and other statistics. We may also use web beacons in HTML emails to understand if individuals read the emails we send to them. (For more information on information collected on the Platform, see the “Cookies and Tracking Information” section below.) We also may collect location information, including through the mobile application and/or derived based upon the IP address of the device you use to access the Platform. In addition, we may derive certain insights about you based on this and other personal information we have collected about you.
In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our Platform, the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
We and our service providers use anonymous identifiers such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies to collect and store certain types of information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) whenever you interact with our Platform.
We work with external payment processors to process your payment for products or services purchased from us, and those payment processors may collect additional information from you in order to complete your purchase. Please review their privacy policies for more details on how they collect and use your personal information.
Social Media Widgets.
We may also use third party social media widgets such as buttons or similar mechanisms from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others. Such third party features may collect information about you, such as your IP address and the page(s) you visit on the Platform. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the third party social media networks that provide them.
Mobile Location Information.
- Use of Personal Information:
We may use the personal information we (and our service providers) collect for the following purposes:
- Providing our products and services and related support, which includes authenticating users, providing and communicating with you about our Platform, responding to your requests, fulfilling your orders and processing your payments, providing technical support and other customer service and support. Further, we may use the information we collect (including location information) to determine which products may or may not be available to sell and ship to a particular state or other jurisdiction.
- Analyzing and improving our services, which includes compiling statistics and reports to better understand how users access and use our Platform and products and services to improve our services and user experiences.
- Communicating with you, which includes providing you with the information or services that you have requested (including through our “Contact Us” webpage), responding to your inquiries, and administering surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- Advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, which includes contacting you about our products or services, or the products and services of our affiliates or partners, or sending you newsletters, offers or other information we think may interest you, administering promotions and contests, reaching you with more relevant ads, and measuring and improving our advertising and marketing campaigns. Sokolin uses third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. As noted in the “Sources of Personal Information” section above, we allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our Platform in connection with such advertising-related services. This information is used to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
- Processing transactions, including through our service providers.
- In support of our general business operations, which includes audits and assessments regarding our business operations, security controls, financial controls, and compliance with legal obligation.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction and otherwise relating to the administration of our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions.
- Securing and protecting our assets and rights, as well as the rights and safety of any person or third party, which includes against fraud, illegal activities, and unauthorized activities, access and other misconduct and where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected violations of our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or policies.
- We may also use your personal information to perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy or where we have your consent.
- Disclosure of Personal Information:
We disclose personal information in order to provide and improve our products and services, reach users with more relevant information and offers, and as otherwise set out in this policy. We may share or disclose the information (including personal information) that we collect as follows:
- With our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries.
- With third parties that perform services to support our core business functions and internal operations, which may include:
- database administrators
- cloud computing services
- payment processors
- advertising and marketing services
- beverage alcohol compliance software services
- age verification services
- customer satisfaction and support services
- order fulfillment and warehouse services
- application services providers
- data enhancement services
- analytics service providers
- shipping service providers
- With third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product, service or joint promotion.
- To support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- In connection with a change of ownership or control of all or part of our business (such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy).
- If we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to detect or protect against fraud or security issues.
- If required or permitted by applicable law or regulation, including laws and regulations of the United States and other countries, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with a legal obligation or in response to a request from law enforcement or other public authorities wherever Sokolin may do business; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Sokolin; (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users, customers, and contractors/employees of Sokolin or others; or (d) enforce our Terms and Conditions or otherwise protect against any legal liability.
- With your consent or at your direction.
- Cookies and Tracking Information:
As noted in the “Sources of Personal Information” section above, each time a visitor comes to the Platform certain types of information are collected.
After signing up to receive a Sokolin offer by email, users will start receiving these offers on a regular basis. We collect subscribers’ email addresses in order to distribute those offers. Users can choose to unsubscribe from Sokolin offers at any time by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions found in each email.
Do Not Track.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
Other Web Site Analytics Services.
- To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here.
- To learn more about Microsoft’s privacy practices, click here.
For guidance on other web site analytics service providers utilized by Sokolin, and how to access their privacy practices, please email Sokolin at email@example.com.
Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use web beacons (also referred to as pixel tags, web bugs or clear GIFs), in connection with our services to, among other things, help us manage ads and content, and compile statistics about usage of our services. We may also use web beacons in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security. When you create an account on sokolin.com you are required to establish a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information. We strongly recommend that you do not share this information with others.
- Rights and Choices:
In this section we describe the choices individuals have regarding our collection, use and handling of their personal information. If you are a California resident, see the “Additional Information for California Residents” section below for information about your rights under California privacy laws. If you are a Nevada resident, see the “Additional Information for Nevada Residents” section below for information about your rights under Nevada privacy laws.
Access, Update and Deletion. You may cancel your account with Sokolin and/or request the removal of your personal information from our member records by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access and update certain of your personal information by accessing and adjusting your account settings or e-mailing us at email@example.com You may also contact us using the information in our “Contact Us” webpage to make an access, correction or other privacy request. Your access to or correction of your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions and the availability of such information. Further, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting such access or making corrections. Please note that we may maintain copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted, in our business records and in the normal course of our business operations, as permitted or required by applicable law. Further, deleting information from your account with Sokolin will not remove such information from any back-end system or from records retained by third-party service providers. Finally, we reserve the right to maintain information on registered users who have violated our Platform’s Terms and Conditions or who have had their access to our services blocked in order to detect repeat offenders.
Push Notifications. You may opt-out from allowing Sokolin to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device. You may also choose which types of push notifications to receive by adjusting the permissions within your Sokolin mobile application. This opt choice does not apply to in app notifications.
Geo-Location. You may prevent your mobile device from sharing your location data by adjusting the permissions on your mobile device. With respect to Sokolin’s website, depending on your browser type and configuration, your browser may inform you that the website would like to collect your specific location and request your permission to do so. If you do not allow it, or your browser does not permit it, only your general location information is collected and stored. Any location data obtained by Sokolin’s third-party service providers would be subject to their privacy policies.
Uninstall a Sokolin Mobile Application. You can stop all further collection of information by a Sokolin mobile application by uninstalling the Sokolin mobile application. You may use the standard uninstall process available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Note: If you uninstall the mobile application from your device, the Sokolin unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same device, Sokolin will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
Targeted Advertising Cookies. You may opt out of receiving advertising cookies from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA’s) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To opt out visit DAA’s Choices page at here and perform a global opt-out. Many web browsers allow users to selectively block cookies, which can effectively reduce tracking.
Minor’s Privacy. Sokolin’s Platform is intended for adults 21 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 21. If you have reason to believe that a person under the age of 21 has provided personal information to us, please contact us with sufficient detail to enable us to delete that information from our databases.
See “Sources of Personal Information” and “Cookies and Tracking Information” sections above for guidance on blocking cookies.
- Additional Information for California Residents:
This section applies only to California residents. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended (“CCPA”), but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. The CCPA provides California consumers with several individual rights with respect to Personal Information. Note that these rights apply to individual consumers, not to companies. This section describes those rights in detail and provides information on how to exercise those rights.
Exercising Your Rights.
To exercise any of the rights described in this section, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include (i) a complete description of your request, including the specific right(s) you wish to exercise and (ii) sufficient information about you so we can confirm that your request is a verifiable customer request, including at a minimum your name and email address. Once we have received your verifiable consumer request, we will respond consistent with applicable law. Please note that you may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order for us to process a request from your authorized agent, we must (i) confirm that the agent is a natural person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State that you have authorized to act on your behalf, (ii) receive from you a copy of the written authorization that provides the authorized agent to act on your behalf, and (iii) verify your identity by asking you to provide us sufficient information in order to do so.
Access and Data Portability Rights.
You have a right to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the prior 12 months, and ask that we provide you with the following information:
- Categories of and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- Purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
- Categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
- Categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- If applicable, categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which the personal information was sold.
You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions set forth in CCPA. You may also access, edit, or delete certain parts of your personal information through your account settings. Please review the sections above titled “Rights and Choices” and “Cookies and Tracking Information” for more details. Note that, in accordance with CCPA, if you request deletion of your personal information, Sokolin will direct third party service providers to delete any such personal information held by them.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA, subject to certain limitations. Please note that we reserve the right to offer you certain financial incentives as permitted by the CCPA that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting us.
Statutory Categories of Personal Information Collected.
The chart below describes the categories of personal information we collect by reference to the statutory categories specified by the CCPA:
Examples of What We Collect
Email, full name, date of birth, full address, phone number, other similar identifiers
You and third party sources (e.g. our payment processors)
Personal Information Categories Under California Customer Records Statute
Signature, state identification card number, financial information
You and third party sources (e.g., our payment processors)
Customer Record Information
Email, full name, full address, phone number, credit card number or other form of online payment for goods and services rendered
You and third party sources (e.g. our payment processors and our partners)
Characteristics of Protected Classifications
Age (over 40)
You and third party sources
Records of products/services purchased by you on the Platform, other purchasing or consuming histories and tendencies
You and third party sources
Internet or Other Network Activity
Browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
You, third party sources (e.g. our advertising service providers), and via automatic collection (see the section above titled ”Cookies and Tracking Information” for information on tracking technologies we use for automatic data collection)
IP address of device used to access Platform, billing information, product delivery information, or general location information
You and third party sources
Audio, Electronic, Visual or Similar Information
Recordings of guest interactions with Platform
You and third party sources
Professional or employment-related information
We may use third party demographic information services that provide information about your employment that you have entered on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter
You and third party sources
In addition to the foregoing, we will collect inferences drawn from any of these personal information categories to create a profile about a consumer reflecting their preferences and psychological trends (among other characteristics).
Use of Personal Information.
Under the CCPA, a “sale” means providing to a third party personal information for valuable consideration. We have shared identifiers with entities that compile personal information about prospective or current customers who reside in California for purposes of updating or verifying personal information, prospecting new potential customers, and improving the types of services and products we offer to you. In addition, the internet or other network activity information (as defined above) collected through cookies on our Platform, which are used for a variety of purposes, including personalized advertising and facilitating your activity on social media, may be shared with third parties providing services to us. However, at this time, we don’t believe any of our data practices in the last 12 months constitute a traditional “sale” under the CCPA.
In the last 12 months, we have used or disclosed certain personal information we collected to for the following purposes:
- Consumer transactions, such as processing a purchase, or fulfilling an order.
- Customer service and relationship management, such as addressing a customer complaint.
- Customer experience, such as improving website offerings and interface, or providing specialized promotions.
- Marketing and advertising, such as providing promotions that are interesting to you based on your purchasing and viewing history.
- Merchandising, such as determining and improving product assortment based on your purchasing history.
- Analytics, such as information about Platform performance relative to your computer or device.
- Security and compliance, such as protecting us and you from fraud on our Platform, and reporting information that may be required by applicable laws that regulate our business in California and elsewhere.
In addition to the above, in the last 12 months, we have used or disclosed certain personal information we collected for the following business purposes or commercial purposes (among others): to audit interactions with consumers; to provide, support, and develop our website, products, and services; to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us; to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud; to directly respond to your requests or inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses, or to otherwise meet the reason for which you provided the information; to personalize your Platform experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Platform, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law); to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business; and to fulfill other commercial purposes.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of other parties for a business purpose or commercial purpose, as those terms are defined in the CCPA:
- Our affiliates, employees and authorized agents
- Service providers for our businesses
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you
- Government regulators or law enforcement, where required
- Our legal advisors and other parties when required by law or pursuant to legal process
- To any entity involved in the purchase or sale of our businesses
Shine the Light Law.
If you are a California resident and a customer, you have the right to request information from us once per calendar year regarding the customer information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please send an email to email@example.com with “Request for California Shine the Light Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you via an email response in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually.
- Additional Information for Nevada Residents:
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.