Spasso Prosecco

- 750 ml
91
SP
Availability: Out of Stock
$12.99
Availability: Out of stock
Product ID
57886-750-AI

Wine Critic Reviews:

A wonderful Prosecco that is loaded with peaches, sweet spices and green apples. Great energy and focus that leads into a nice, creamy finish. Terrific entertaining Prosecco! Sokolin Tasting Panel

More Information
Availability Out of Stock
Format 750 ml
Color White
Country Italy: What are the first things that come to mind when thinking about Italy and Italian culture? There's one thing that nearly everyone tends to mention, it's the food - and where there's fine food, there is almost always fine wine. Italy is the most prolific wine region in the world, outclassing even France in terms of production quantity. Even if you're a complete wine novice, you have almost certainly heard of names such as Barolo and Barbaresco, Italy's most famous wine styles. When it comes to soil composition and other geographical characteristics, Italy offers a lot of diversity, and this never fails to show in the wines themselves.
Producer Spasso
Rating 91 SP
Region Veneto: Venice is one of the most romantic cities in the world - the city of love. So how could Veneto wines be any different? This north-eastern Italian region has to offer nothing but sweet, liquid romance poured into elegant bottles ready for your dinner table. With its importance growing more and more every day, Veneto has proven its capacity by producing the same amount of wine, if not more, as some more popular regions, such as Tuscany or Piedmont. It may have been considered small in the past, but no one can deny the quality of Veneto wines today. Veneto's reds are easily recognized for their sweet, but intense fruity flavors that together create an impressive scope of Corvina-based wines. Other typical varieties are Rondinella and Molinara, and they're all well-known for the palate rich with red fruits, above all sour cherry. On the other hand, there's a breathtaking portfolio of refreshing, lemon-flavored dry whites, mostly based on Garganega and Trebbiano varieties. All these wines are outstandingly complex and long-lasting, thanks to the wonderful Garganega grapes.
Type of Wine Prosecco: To make Prosecco wines, winemakers have to follow strict rules. It's one of the most valued white wines worldwide, so no wonder there are certain criteria you need to meet. A Prosecco blend needs to contain at least 85% of a grape variety called Glera, formerly known as Prosecco. The remaining 15% can come from Chardonnay, Pinot Blanche, Verdiso, and others.
Varietal Proprietary Blend: There's a level of mystery and intrigue when it comes to drinking a wine for which you're not fully informed about, and if that sounds like a thrilling idea to you, then you're probably already interested in proprietary blends. While the concept doesn't have a legal definition, it is used to describe blends whose components aren't disclosed by the producer. In many cases, the wine tends to be a Bordeaux-inspired blend, but this isn't always the case.
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please Sign in or create an account